This project is read-only.

Problems until deploying

Topics: User Forum
Sep 1, 2006 at 2:21 PM
Hi Richard!

I get some errors until deploying MsSqlSpatial!

Sadly the error message is in german, but it says that msscmd
can't find the following datavase objects
-'MsSqlSpatialLibraryKey'
-'MsSqlSpatialLibraryLogin'

Any idea, whats wrong at me?

BR
/Christian
Sep 1, 2006 at 10:45 PM
First I need you provide me more details. In particular:
- what version are you trying to deploy (0.1 beta release or incremental source code package) and whether you have deployed other version before in the same server instance.
- the full error message, no matter the language.
- privileges of the user logged in to SQL Server.

Regards,
Ricardo Stuven.
Sep 3, 2006 at 12:00 AM
Hi Richard

My Conf:
Win XP SP2, MS Sql Server 2005 EXPRESS, MsSqlSpatial 0.1 beta (Release)

I'm working as local admin and i'm dbo on the database GisDb, which i created
before i run the command below.

Error Message:

C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Christian\Desktop\MsSqlSpatial-0.1-beta_Binaries>msscmd -deploy -server=CHGPC\SQLEXPRESS -db=GisDb

Unbehandelte Ausnahme: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: The certificate, asymmetric key, or private key file does not exist or
has invalid format.
Cannot find the asymmetric key 'MsSqlSpatialLibraryKey', because it does not exist or you do not have permission.
Cannot find the login 'MsSqlSpatialLibraryLogin', because it does not exist or you do not have permission.
Cannot find the login 'MsSqlSpatialLibraryLogin', because it does not exist or you do not have permission.
Changed database context to 'master'.
Changed database context to 'GisDb'.
bei Deployment.DeployAssembly(String assemblyFilename, String connectionString, String database, String deployPermission)
bei MsSqlSpatialConsole.Program.DeployAssembly(String connectionString, String database, ArgParser arg)
bei MsSqlSpatialConsole.Program.Main(String[] args)

Sep 3, 2006 at 11:08 PM
Hi richard.
Sorry for my question, it was a permission problem.
I changed the standard behavior of deploy_permission to SAFE
and it works well!
The next time i will read your docs carefully.

Thanks for your patience
Sep 5, 2006 at 4:10 AM
Thanks to you. I should document in more detail permissions needed for deployments other than SAFE (ie. EXTERNALACCESS and UNSAFE). Also, I will make SAFE the value by default (not long ago, EXTERNALACCESS was required for aggregate functions, now all processing is made in memory).

...and my name is "Ricardo" :-P
Sep 5, 2006 at 4:33 AM
This discussion has been copied to Work Item 2900. You may wish to continue further discussion there.