ST.Transform Projection Oblique_Stereographic is not supported

Topics: Developer Forum
Sep 21, 2007 at 1:58 PM
Hello list,

I am trying to use the transform function to convert from the dutch national coordinatesystem (EPSG:28992) to WGS84 (EPSG:4326)

It seems that the transform function is not completely supporting transforming from stereographic to geographic.

In OGR (my tool of choice) this transformation is no problem. I was wondering if the OGR functionallity can be used as an extension to mssqlSpatial? Or is there anyone that has a nice solution to this issue?

Msg 6522, Level 16, State 1, Line 1
A .NET Framework error occurred during execution of user defined routine or aggregate 'Transform':
System.NotSupportedException: Projection Oblique_Stereographic is not supported.
System.NotSupportedException:
at GisSharpBlog.NetTopologySuite.CoordinateSystems.Transformations.CoordinateTransformationFactory.CreateCoordinateOperation(IProjection projection, IEllipsoid ellipsoid)
at GisSharpBlog.NetTopologySuite.CoordinateSystems.Transformations.CoordinateTransformationFactory.Proj2Geog(IProjectedCoordinateSystem source, IGeographicCoordinateSystem target)
at GisSharpBlog.NetTopologySuite.CoordinateSystems.Transformations.CoordinateTransformationFactory.CreateFromCoordinateSystems(ICoordinateSystem sourceCS, ICoordinateSystem targetCS)
at UserDefinedFunctions.Transform(SqlBytes ewkb, SqlInt32 target_srid)