Translation, Scale or Affine Transformation

Topics: Developer Forum
Feb 19, 2008 at 2:32 PM
Hello,

I'm trying to implement transformation functionality. I found the Translate editor function in the trunk version.
What I need is a little help with creating the IMathTransform with an affine matrix.

Best regards
Jochen
Feb 19, 2008 at 10:02 PM
There is a generic affine transform routine in the NPack project if you'd like to implement one yourself and get some example of how it's already been accomplished.

In SharpMap / NTS v2.0, NPack is used to do the heavy lifting with regard to the math, and much, if not all, of the linear transform code will be run on it. This will allow us to optimize NPack to suit various platforms / hardware and not have to revisit the upper layers to realize performance gains.
Feb 20, 2008 at 8:04 AM
I've implemeted the ST.Scale and ST.Translate function. I've created ScaleTransform and TranslateTransform as IMathTransform.
Transform and TransformList are the only methods with code all other throw NotImplementedExceptions. When I apply
TransformGeometry on the geometry I get what I expected and it works. Perhaps I'm missing something since
I'm new to sql cli development.

P.S.: I really appreciate the deploy undeploy/functionality.