This project is read-only.

table schema

Topics: User Forum
Dec 7, 2006 at 1:33 PM
hello,

A newby question, not necesseraly related to the use of mssqlspatial library (which is quite impressive by the way for what I've seen so far), more related to some OGC specs : in the STGEOMTRYCOLUMNS, what is the purpose of FTABLE_SCHEMA ? what are the different possible values ? When is it adequate to use this information ? It's still a bit confusing for me. I've red the OGC specs, I've been on some different forums (PosGIS for example) but I must be to thick : I can't figure out what it is and what it was meant to do!

Sorry if the question is naive, but a link to some good articles or if someone could just give me some clues would be great

Thanks
Dec 19, 2006 at 10:54 PM
F_TABLE_SCHEMA is for... well... the table schema :)
For example, in SQL Server the default schema is "dbo", but you can create your own schemas, whether for organization or security reasons.
This column is populated when you import data or explicitly use the method ST.AddGeometryColumn

Best regards,
Ricardo Stuven.
Dec 21, 2006 at 3:55 PM
hi ricardo,

thanks for taking some time for this answer
After I've read some literature about sqlserver2005, i've realised how 'candid' (to say the least) the question was !!! I think I need to get a minimum of knowledge about SQL server in order to feel...let's say confortable and then I may ask some usefull questions

Thanks anyway for your answer

David