Some bugs report...

Topics: Developer Forum, Project Management Forum
May 6, 2007 at 11:10 AM
Hi.
There are some bugs - I hope you can fix them:

1. It seems that the function Update GeometrySRID doesn't work well. I imported some SHP files and the SRID column in GEOMETRY_COLUMNS has all the -1 value (the rest is ok).

2. the table SPATIALREFSYS has in the AUTHNAME column all just the text "EPSGE" - not a name of projection (it can be extracted from the WKT included - I am sure you can implement this) and why there is the column AUTHSRID?? It is the same as the SRID column!

Milan Lazecky
Coordinator
May 6, 2007 at 5:46 PM

1. It seems that the function Update GeometrySRID doesn't work well. I imported some SHP files and the SRID column in GEOMETRY_COLUMNS has all the -1 value (the rest is ok).

It seems you're omitting some steps. It's perfectly valid to import a shapefile with SRID -1. Could you please detail the steps to reproduce the bug?

2. the table SPATIALREFSYS has in the AUTHNAME column all just the text "EPSGE" - not a name of projection (it can be extracted from the WKT included - I am sure you can implement this) and why there is the column AUTHSRID?? It is the same as the SRID column!

According to OpenGIS specs:
  • SRID: an integer value that uniquely identifies each Spatial Reference System within a database.
  • AUTH_NAME: the name of the standard or standards body that is being cited for this reference system. "EPSG" would be a valid AUTH_NAME.
  • AUTH_SRID: the ID of the Spatial Reference System as defined by the Authority cited in AUTH_NAME.
  • SRTEXT: The Well-known Text representation of the Spatial Reference System.

As you said, the projection name is contained in SRTEXT. If you want to parse the WKT, use a library such as NTS or SharpMap.

Best regards,
Ricardo Stuven.